02 February 2006

Training for baby2

So, just to clarify, I'm a happy mother of one child (lest anyone try to read anything into the title...) However, training for baby2 (Lord willing) has already begun. You see, starting last month, I now babysit for a neighbor's 18mo. old boy two afternoons a week. It's a lot of fun and I can tell Nora loves having another little person around (more accurately a bigger little person). I think it is helping her development. She's seemed more interested in being mobile (for better or worse) and a lot more interested in vocalizing. It's also giving her a small taste of what being a younger sibling is like -helpful for a firstborn. She sometimes has her toys taken away and once when I left the room where the kids were at to get something, I came back to Nora protesting in strained grunts to the 25lb.+ kid on top of her. (It wasn't a wrestling-like move it was more just a plop on top -D's mom said that's what he does with his favorite stuffed animals...so cute.)Today was the first time I ventured outside with the both of them ...without a stroller. Mistake. We got to the park without any trouble, but getting home was a test of my ability to balance two active kids on either hip. I found I need to focus my gym time on building upper body strength. And at the end of the day even as I am aware of the fact that I got nothing done, I think about the baby giggles, smile and think "God is so gracious."

2 comments:

Amy K said...

I think it's very adorable to watch babies interact with each other. Sounds like you're having fun with the sitting. :)

Katie said...

Ok, Sarah, it's been two weeks. You still alive? ;-)