05 February 2009

7 even quicker takes

I've been meaning to post something all week, so here it is in all its brevity.

1. Sarah joins another co-op. I am in a produce co-op (which I love, love, love :) and a date-night co-op (also lovely). I added to that a child-care co-op with two other gals on Friday mornings. Translation: Every three weeks I watch five kids aged three and under, and the other two Friday mornings I have "off" to do whatever I want/need with no kiddos in tow. One word: awesome. My life has been better with the introduction of co-operating :)


2. I would like to write more about this on another occasion, but I have felt more of a burden recently to be in fervent prayer for the millions of babies killed by abortion and their mothers. This story makes your heart sick.

3. Taking a quiz boosts my morale. Earlier this week, I received an email with a link to this civics quiz including the following instructions:
"The average score on the following civics test is 49%. Can you beat it? Politicians scored 44%; college professors 55%. (No Googling!)"
I scored an 87.88% (to be exact, can you tell I'm excited? :-D). The email came not a day too soon. I was beginning to think my intellect did not extend much beyond debates with toddlers over the wisdom of pouring sand into underclothes.

4. Nora, the student
The picture says it all : )


5. Texas gets a touch of winter...a very, very light touch that nonetheless closes schools for a day.


6. We love granola!
Here is our recipe of choice. If you want to try it (which I recommend!), note that we don't put coconut or dried cranberries in it. Also, I cut the amount of pecans and add almonds and walnuts.

7. Does anyone have a recommendation for a photo service, preferably one that is a good deal? I have hundreds (closer to thousands) of photos to print and organize from the past couple years.

4 comments:

Amy K said...

Thanks for the granola recipe! I like trying new ones. We've been using the one Almond Maple Granola one on Allrecipes and really like it. It has coconut too and, although I don't like coconut, I think it gives this granola an interesting flavor. :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
you can ask Anita, but to organize photo's she uses Picasa. It is a google product, hence free. It allows you to edit your photo's and store them.

Nora looks so cute as a student (and has a very nice hat)


Nick

Elisa said...

Hey Sarah! I saw that same article and my heart just broke. I wasn't able to finish reading it actually. Having a child has really personalized that whole debate for me. As for photos - I use Picasa too but I always print mine out from Ritz camera online. I don't know how they compare by price, but I love their quality and they will ship to my house so I don't have to go pick them up.

Katie said...

sarah-if you're wanting to print lots of photos...i use artscow. slightly higher shipping but TONS of free photos. currently you sign up and get 1200 free prints (100 a month for 12 months) and they send more free offers all the time. also, doing 100 at a time, makes the organizing and/or scrapbooking part a little less intimidating. :-)

let me know if you want my referral link?