20 April 2009

Baby's heartbeat

...was strong on the ultrasound today. Our precious little one is 13 weeks, so we're nearly through the first trimester!

It's been an eventful pregnancy so far with a ruptured cyst in my right ovary in March as well as another especially large cyst in my left ovary that is slowly reducing in size, but causing continued discomfort and pain. This weekend I was in bed with pain, which is still quick to return with even minimal exertion. I find myself impatient with the limits to my normal activity and self-sufficiency. I have no doubt I have a lesson to learn in that and pray God gives me the grace to do so!

Now that "the cats out of the bag," I look forward to posting baby updates and pictures of my "poochie tummy" as Nora cheekily refers to my baby bump. (Joseph, who has recently become obsessed with doing everything his older sister does, not to be left out, also loves to poke at my tummy and giggle. While his vocabulary is slowly expanding, "poochie tummy" is not on the list yet.)

PS: Due date is October 26; three days after my birthday. An extra special gift this year!

9 comments:

Amy K said...

Congrats! I hope you get complete relief from pain. Very happy for you guys!

The Egan Family said...

Wonderful news! Congratulations! :-)

Anita said...

Hi Sarah,

I'm so glad to hear the baby is doing well. We've been praying for you guys! We'll pray that you will be in good health as well.

Love,
Anita
p.s. one of these weeks we need to get together again...maybe when Nick (and Stephen) are past the last bit of craziness at school...

Jessica said...

Congratulations! Wow, sounds like you've been through a lot so far. Praying the rest goes a lot more smoothly, and that the pain gets better!

Megan said...

Finally. The cat is out of the bag. :)

Love you, friend. And your munchkins too!

Seth and Mary said...

Congrats!!!

Leah said...

Congrats! How exciting! We will be praying for you and yours!

Elisa said...

Congratulations, Sarah! I hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well :-)

Heather L. said...

So happy to hear the good news! I do hope that you are feeling better soon! Sounds like a good delivery plan option that you have. I hope it all works out. I do believe the risk of tearing is less with subsequent V births, even if you tore the first time (but maybe that is just my idea :) )