29 May 2009

San Antonio weekend

San Antonio Fifth Anniversary trip

Last weekend when my parents visited, Stephen and I were able to steal away to San Antonio for two full days to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary. We were so grateful for some R&R and a night on the town. The trip held many highlights and one not-so-high-point: I fell in an uncovered manhole while walking back to the hotel after a down pour. It was still drizzling and between squinting my eyes and the deceptive appearance of the hole due to rushing water, I fell in to about the top of my thigh on one leg, my knee on the other. Amazingly, after a couple hour rest, we were able to head back out for the evening and enjoy a pleasant day following. I was tempted to post a pic of my incredible bruise starting at the top of my right leg and going down to below my knee, but I'll refrain :) So, the first day aside from that little incident, we were still able to enjoy the San Antonio River Walk and an evening visit to the Alamo. The next day we walked the river walk a bit more stopping for lunch at a delicious Mexican restaurant that serves the most amazing salsa. Then we headed to the Japanese Tea Gardens housed in a transformed rock quarry before finishing out our trip with a jaunt along the mission trail that leads to the remaining four missions of San Antonio (after the Alamo).

2 comments:

Megan said...

Sorry about your manhole experience. That's awful! But, glad you got to see the Gardens as well as the Missions. They are cool, huh?

Anita said...

The pictures of your trip are lovely! You guys both look so happy and relaxed! I'm thankful you had a reasonably quick recovery from the man hole accident!!