As I am dusting off the blog as a writing outlet for myself and a means to update family and friends in one convenient form, I will not try to chronicle the past year. I'm growing bored of the shorthand of Facebook. Blogging seems a bit more personal. I can write at length. I've visited FB increasingly less, but won't be able to completely forsake the draw of quick updates and photo albums. Still, I want more room for words.
---------------------------
What's in a photo? Well, in the ones below, you will see that Isaiah is becoming more physically coordinated. He is even more drawn to sports after watching a handful of his brother's soccer games and practices. Also, he often bears the marks his latest physical demonstration or trick, as the bruise on his forehead evidences. Joseph loves imaginative play with his older sister. They are often seen playing house, doctor, war, and much more, usually in costume. Joseph's collection includes knight armor and a race car driver suit. And, if we let him, he would wear his soccer uniform whenever not in those outfits. Nora accessorizes herself these days. Homemade jewelry, loud belts, funky hair styles. She has flare :) Last night I found some curlers similar in style to the rag rollers I used as a child. Once she discovered what they were, she begged me to put them in, fell asleep without complaint (for the uninitiated, they are not perfectly comfortable), and today confidently flips her ringlet crowned head. Oh, and she's asking to get her ears pierced. Slow down, little girl!
-----------------------------------------------------
What's not in a photo, or those in particular? Stephen, working full-time plus dissertation work. He has settled on dissertation thesis and lined up his supervisor. Yay! How does one balance teaching high school, college Sunday School, grad student work, father and husband roles, and more? All I know is that he is amazing. That and many honey-do tasks wait in the queue for a while. First things first. What else is not in the photos: Me and baby brother who is apparently experiencing a growth spurt that leaves me chagrined at my increasing size! Me much too hot and growing impatient for the change of seasons, literally and figuratively,(Today in quiet time: "Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near." James 5:7-8) while our Faithful Father gently leads me. The children and I in year two of homeschooling, this year integrating Classical Conversations into our studies. It sure is keeping me on my toes, and the kids enjoy it. I love feeling that I am going back to school, too! If only it felt like fall (did I mention it was 99 degrees on Thursday!)...ah, come patience and peace and joy. Fill up what I lack, Lord.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Enjoy a restful and grace-filled Sabbath! I'll be back soon, Lord willing.
5 comments:
So glad to read this, Sarah. It's wonderful to hear about your lives there in Texas. Your kids are beautiful . . . and growing so quickly!
I am so glad you are reviving your blog! I have found that blogging keeps me writing and taking the time to capture the moments that go by so quickly. I hope you find it a blessing.
Also, I love reading about your family. It seems crazy that it has been so long since we have seen you guys.
Yay! I was so excited to see some pictures and read an update. I too am growing tired of FB so hopefully that translates into more blogging as well. I hope the season changes soon for you!
I'm so glad you're "back". We LOVE seeing pictures of your little ones and reading your thoughts. Isaiah makes me smile in the picture below. :-) Such a cutie!
I loved reading about what's been happening with your family! Seems like a looong time ago that we were all in St Andrews and Nora was just a babe! All the best to you and Stephen as you take on a new year of education in its many forms and wait for this new little one.
Post a Comment