07 July 2004

Fifty Years from Now

Stephen left this morning for a three-day, work-related trip. I missed him as soon as he walked out the door. I have my sisters with me for the next few days, and I know we'll have a blast. I even get some time off work -yeah!!!! But, still, I couldn't help feeling lonely as he drove away. If being apart all day while we're at work seems like an eternity, I simply don't know what to liken this separation to. This is the longest Stephen and I will by apart since we were married six weeks ago (as of July 3rd!). Am I being overly dramatic to miss him so? I hope not. I would like to think that 50 years down the road I will still be this crazy about him, and miss him just this much when he steps outside the door.