Well, I've gone and done it. I'm cruisin' on the internet highway on my way to blogville. This step is not a rash one. I spent a full three minutes weighing the benefits of journaling in a good, old fashioned notebook (one that could be passed on to my progeny, read only by myself and those dear to me) versus recording the happenings of my life via a blog (an outlet available to any curious passerby on the world wide web, an account which will fade into oblivion in the same dust heap as records, Atari and VHS.) As you can see by this post, I made the most logical choice and launched my personal blog spot.
Actually, I've been in an adventurous mood lately. A full-time job can become hum-drum at times. I thought a blog might spice up life just a bit. Further, I've gotten the itch to become more computer savvy. Attaining that status falls somewhere on my new list (I love lists!), "Twenty-five things I want to do before I die."
"What is that list?" you ask. Well, now I arrive at the subject of this post. First off, "25" is an arbitrary number. It really is alright if you have 26 life goals (big or small). Second, the "before I die" clause motivates the list-maker to accomplish these goals sooner rather than later. Thus, I start my blog today. I feel as Neil Armstrong did when he first walked on the moon and said *slightly modified*, "This is one small step for a computer geek, one giant leap for Sarah Shipp."
Last night at dinner and again today at breakfast, Stephen and I had great fun thinking of list entries. Subjects we've always wanted to study, places we'd love to travel, experiences we hope to have. It's really special thinking about those things with your best friend -knowing that you'll do some, if not many, of them together. I'll share a few here in the coming weeks -to enlighten and amuse our friends and family. Some, I imagine will stay within the confines of the Shipp confidence.
For now, my lunch break is over. As the governor of California once said, and as Stephen often repeats, "I'll be back."
No comments:
Post a Comment