09 June 2006

Praise the Lord!

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen. -Ephesians 3:20-21

I am overwhelmed by God's faithfulness to our family. We will be moving to Scotland for one calendar year while Stephen studies at St. Andrews University. We got word yesterday Stephen has received a full-ride to make this amazing opportunity possible. He'll be pursuing a Masters in Ancient History in the School of Classics. We're still processing it all; the one thought I keep coming back to is the one expressed in the verses above. I am trying to recover from the shock because we have a lot to do in the next two months. The preparation will be busy, but SO MUCH FUN. I never thought I would live in another country for a year. Just another reminder of how God's plans for us are so much grander than our own.

7 comments:

The Wileyman said...

Scotland. Hah. Who would want to study there for a year?


...he said, revealing his total lack of envy. :-P

That's really exciting news! Make sure you take lots of pictures!

Shannon Koons said...

Sarah,

That is so exciting! Congratulations! Who knew you'd be returning to Scotland after all these years... :)

Ceil said...

WOW! That is so exciting, though we will miss you tremendously!!!

Amy K said...

Oh my goodness!! Sarah, how fun will that be! I can't wait to see pics of Nora in plaid, with green hills, stone houses, and sheep!n:)

This will be such a great opportunity ... and praise the Lord for the scholarship! He indeed takes care of His children.

Rachelle said...

What a fun opportunity! I have some college mates (married to each other) that have been living in Edinburgh for the last year while he works on his master's. They are loving it! :) rlr

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!! :-) This is terrific. God is truly amazing!! I'm so very happy for both of you.

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

That is awesome! What a wonderful adventure!