"He said to them 'Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?' Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm." Mt. 8:26
10 August 2006
A happy family
We spent yesterday in Indianapolis with my sister's family. The girls went shopping and the guys went to a ball game. When we reunited at the Faris house, I passed Nora off to her dad, showed him my purchases, and heard the tales of the ball field. As I chuckled at Stephen's story of attempts to catch a foul ball, Ellie (our niece) came up to us and said, "You are a happy family." It was so cute and made me all warm inside. Adults sometimes make polite comments that don't reflect reality, but children rarely do. I'm glad we enjoy each other, love each other and that others see that. Truly happy families are only possible by God's grace. I'm so grateful that Nora's aunts, uncles, cousins and grandparents love the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
S-Could you email me? (I don't have your email but someone asked me to contact you to see if you are interested in a part-time work from home job.) -rlr
hey, did you hear abour how i went to the emergency room? if not, go to my xanga. www.xanga.com/ashipp12 (and scroll down)...and remember, check my xanga like every day cuz i've been updating on there!
So sweet!
Yes, having a good family is great (and you have a good family). Within the first five minitues that I met Ellie (at least the first time since she was a newborn), she said she thought I should go to her church and wanted to know when she could come over to my house.
Post a Comment