With the foreboding end to our break in mind, Stephen returned home early yesterday with donuts in hand. He declared a party, went through the house in search of party hats (he came up with two Santa hats and a Scottish cap) and lit candles. Tears puddle my eyes as I think back on this loving gesture of the most fabulous husband and father in the world. Nora, ecstatic at the prospect of donuts before dinner, could hardly contain her excitement.
Back to my holiday break summary. The time boasted a number of highlights: Christmas, PawPaw and Oma Shipp's visit and a trip to the Ft. Worth zoo, joining Metrocrest Presbyterian Church, Joseph's baptism , game/movie/friend nights. Less enjoyable were bouts with a stomach bug (while Stephen's parents were here. ugh.) that necessitated our cancellation of two dinner invitations, a date and a rescheduled date =( Also, while Stephen's parents visited, their parked car was wrecked by a gal who fell asleep while driving.
I could tell of New Year's resolutions, upcoming visits with family and friends and of our learning (once again) how to trust God to lead us year-by-year (and hourly, daily, weekly...). But I'm sure future posts will tell of that. Now it's time for pictures!
Enjoying our 70-degree day at the zoo!
The Ft. Worth Zoo has one of the best designs I've seen (granted I've only been to a handful of zoos). The walkways surrounding each exhibit allow the visitors to see the animals from many different angles. I've never been this close to a rhino before. Too cool!
We loved seeing the white Bengal tiger.
Giddy-up!
Eric Carle books are the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment