"He said to them 'Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?' Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm." Mt. 8:26
22 January 2008
A wedding
As I was making supper last night, Nora announced to her dad and I that she was getting married this summer. Despite oft-heard exclamations of how quickly children grow, I was surprised at how sudden this seemed. I would have sworn it was only yesterday that she was dressing up in frilly gowns and high heels, tormenting her younger brother by seeing how many toys she could fit in his jacket hat (while he was wearing it), and entertaining herself with the discovery that certain bodily functions create bubbles in the bathtub. Wait a minute. That was yesterday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is hilarious! I bet her dad would prefer to be asked rather than told. -rlr
Post a Comment