...or is it half-full? It's all a matter of perspective really. I'm reminded once again the joy of a grateful heart. It's a much happier existence to thank God for the fruit rather than just grumble about the flies.
Stephen nears the end of his second semester at UD with just a few weeks, four papers, final exams, and future decisions hanging over his head. And then there's May Term and a move (we'll store our stuff while we visit family for a good bit of the summer). I am excited about “summer break” although it is a funny thing to be on a student schedule similar to, but so unlike, an undergrad one. Stephen will break from the intensity of a more-than-full load, and take up full-time language studies (French online and Latin study in preparation for a written comprehension exam in the fall). I admire my husband for pursuing the full-time job that is graduate school. He enjoys it, but it is WORK and a sacrifice for all of us. We both eagerly anticipate the end product, but are (trying to) enjoy the ride. We'll look back and say this time “was the good old days,” right? (riiiiiighhht.) Yeah, I'm not sure on that one, but I do know this. God is good. And He is working all things for our good. Glad I can rest in that tonight...
1 comment:
Yeah, we are already thinking about those post-graduate days as "the good old days" but one forgets with time how much trouble, toil and tears they involved.
Post a Comment