02 May 2008

You want a lollipop?


So, maybe I'm a bad mother (or in my kids eyes, an awesome one), but I let Joseph taste his first "dum dum" lollipop today. This picture doesn't do justice to his look of wonder and delight. It's so great to be a kid when the highlight of your life is a piece of confection on a stick! I have so much fun with these kiddos.

For the few of you who read this blog, please pray for Stephen as he nears the end of the semester. He has the obstacles of four finals, three papers (and a bibliography), one scholarship interview, and a job interview (including teaching a high school government class) to surmount in less than two weeks. Within those two weeks we should also know whether he will be a part-time student and full-time teacher or a full-time student and part-time teacher or some other combination entirely. We have a bit up in the air at present, but it looks very likely we'll be in Dallas. Stephen is taking a May Term class and then we'll be heading to see family for most of the summer (while Stephen knocks away at independent language study). It's odd to still be operating on a student schedule after all these years, and yet, it is so much different being in the grad student phase. It is a rewarding time though. As a couple and as a family, we're growing and learning much. Stephen is the most awesome man ever. Please pray for him.

5 comments:

Anne said...

your kids are beautiful! hurray for lollipops!

Chad, Joanna and Emmie said...

lollipops are the best! They work great at resturants too, keeps them busy while you're waiting for food and they're not too filling. =o)

Elisa said...

I love your pictures! I can't believe how cute and big Joseph and Nora are :-)

Amy K said...

Is there a kid out there who doesn't love sugar? It's fun to see the delight of new discovery.

You will be in our prayers. Thanks for the update. Even though Kevin is done with finals, he still has a project for tax law, an ethics interview (where he will be quizzed), and some other obligations before bar study starts in two weeks (and of course work). So, we still feel a huge amount of pressure and can relate. I can totally empathize with the feeling of having a husband that is ready to be buried alive with school. (Are degrees REALLY worth it???!!!) You will definitely be in our prayers.

Cosette said...

Sarah, Wow! I read about everything your family does, and I marvel at the amount of grace God must give you to get through it all! We'll be praying for Stephen and his studies!
And Joseph with his lollipop is just too cute... ;)