07 December 2005

A price break on car insurance


...for the old man, Stephen Shipp, who is now a quarter of a century old. He turned 25 years old on December 3. I wanted to do something special for him for such a momentous occassion, so I invited one of his longtime friends from GA on the sly. Amazingly, Michael bought a ticket and planned his trip in response to my email invitation just a week prior to Stephen's birthday. I enjoyed getting to know M better as we all enjoyed a weekend of good coffee and even better conversation. It was a lot of fun to plan something so spontaneous, and even pull off the surprise successfully -yeah! Thanks again, Michael.

I just want to say publicly that Stephen is the best husband a woman could have and the best father any girl could want. (Nora told me to add that...as well as the above picture since we didn't take one of Michael and Stephen to mark the occassion.) Stephen is a compassionate leader, a wise counselor, a loyal friend. You know, it just struck me as humorous that as I'm writing this sweet post in dedication to the love of my life, I'm elbowing him in annoyance telling him to give me more room on the couch. Oh, the blissful days of "happily ever after." :)

No comments: