14 December 2005

The Teacher's Wife

For the record, I want to say that I love being a teacher's wife. There are downsides, which I won't go into now other than to say that at times, Stephen comes home emotionally drained. But there are so many benefits. This is my top-ten list as the wife.

10. Stephen is home by 5pm most days.
9. His "clients" are adorable.
8. The PTO -The events they organize are amazing.
7. Christmas vacation and more time off for other holidays, too.
6. Christmas goodies from students. CHOCOLATE, chocolate, and more chocolate.
5. Christmas giftcards. My favorite: Starbucks!!!
4. The praise from parents and students. From what they tell me, I would have loved to have him as a teacher!
3. Parent training. Stephen has said the experience is making him a more patient, understanding parent.
2. The stories. I love to hear Stephen tell me what "Johnny" did or said or how Stephen entertained the class when he told them his dream from the previous night.
1. The teacher. I love that although I'm at home, I get to share in his work. (the gift card sharing is especially nice :)

No comments: