09 January 2007

My "wee bump"

I was told today at work that I have one. Really? I didn't notice when I pulled on my fitted top that it didn't fall in quite the same way over my stomach as it had before...Seriously though, I'm having to adjust to "showing" earlier and no doubt wearing maternity clothes earlier with this one than I did with Nora. I realized how much I liked hearing comments like "What, you're not showing yet" and "You're so small for xx weeks" the first time around. Silly vanity.

A more welcome change ("more welcome" as in I wouldn't mind if it became a non-pregnancy feature as well): wavy hair. I love it.

I'm due for a scan at twelve weeks (next week), but as yet have not had a call from the hospital I registered with here. I may call them, or I may just wait for the 20 week scan. I've not studied the matter myself, but I do believe it is commonly held that the fewer scans one has, the better. From talking with a few people recently though, I do get the sense that one has to be more proactive in receiving care and having questions answered here. Shouldn't be problem...just a good thing to know, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love hearing about your experiences in Scotland! Just don't let the midwives tell you to eat a Mars bar a day (as they told a friend of mine). You'll probably be glad, as I was, with the "relaxed" care, that you have already gone through this once before. :)