After more than a two week silence, I realize a post is long overdue. DSL hasn't reached the hollows of east Tennessee, so I don't spend much time on the Internet these days. That's good overall just a bit inconvenient at times. It's a nice trade-off though for the peace and beauty of the area.
I'm at a coffee shop at the moment -about to go to my OB appointment at the UT Medical Center in Knoxville where we'll have the baby (due date countdown: 11 days!). Everything has come together without any big hiccups. I've found a doctor who has given his recommendation that I be allowed a VBAC (natural birth after a c-section). If he is on call, he'll oversee the labor himself. If not, as the head OB, his word should have sway to allow me a trial of labor. That is very exciting news. We'll see what happens when the time comes. It now feels like it could be any day. We just set up the baby bed and laid out baby's things. Packing the hospital bag is on the to-do list for tonight. I'm ready to meet our little guy!
I found this picture of our "Tennessee summer home" from our visit to Stephen's folks last year. It looks just a bit different now. Stephen has a four-wheeler parked out front and frequently looks for excuses to get something from his parents home down the lane with a slight, but quick, detour around the property. Nora is loving country life -feeding PawPaw's dog, cats, chickens, goats; picking blackberries (she's become an expert at spotting the ripe ones) and going for walks in the great outdoors.
It's been such a blessing to have this time as a family. The memory of our month separation is growing faint. Nora was her daddy's shadow for the first few days after his return especially. It was heart-warming to see how excited she was to see him. Stephen and I were able to get away last weekend in the Chattanooga area while PawPaw and Oma babysat. That had to be one of the best "baby preparation" things we've done.
We'll keep you posted on our upcoming big event. We've gotten out of picture taking mode of late, but I predict that will change soon!
3 comments:
Can't wait to see pictures of your new one, when he arrives. That last week seems like forever, especially when it actually does. I will be praying that your labor goes as you hope, but that God will guide the doctors in their decisions.
ooohhh! i'm soooo excited to see pics of baby shipp!!! :-D glad to hear all is going well in TN!! glad stephen made it safe! tell him i said hi! :) cindy
Good news, good news. Maybe we'll see y'all when we're down in Georgia, if things work out.
Post a Comment