11 August 2007

For the smiles...


Trying to decide what to think of "baby brother"

Joseph discovers the joys of having an older sister. Here she is making him share his car seat with her dolls. Yesterday she brought me a doll's dress and asked me to put it on him!

Basking in the sunlight; trying to clear up the jaundice.

He has some of the funniest expressions. Here he looks like he's smirking at us.

A cute pic of Nora taken by my sister, Abby

As newborn jaundice and a breast infection have had me running back and forth to the hospital and doctors' offices and in general not able to get into a schedule the past 10 days, I've had a couple mantras that passed through my mind. This too will pass. The joy of the Lord is my strength. The smiles make it all worth it. I feel like the hardest part post-baby is behind us, and by God's grace, I feel ready to meet the challenge of being a mother of two (a reality that I had found daunting even with my sister here who has largely taken charge of Nora for the past week...). We all look forward to settling in Texas at the end of the month. I promise more frequent updates from there once we get internet set up. In the meantime, we'd appreciate all prayers for that transition.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! It's great to see pictures of little Joseph. I do hope your move to Texas goes well.
Heather L.

The Egan Family said...

You can do it, Sarah! Those early weeks are so hard and sleep-deprived! You'll be in my prayers - and thanks for posting the great pics.
Love, Kristin

Missi said...

beautiful pictures of the kiddos. We will be praying for you!

Amy K said...

Aw, I was hoping for more Joseph pics! He seems so sweet and is very handsome!

Ick, I'm sorry to hear about the infection and jaundice. :-( You definitely didn't need that in your life with everything else going on. You are in our prayers during this time and as you move to TX!!

Amy

the Tyrant said...

Oh so precious! Congratulations! We will definitely keep you in our prayers with so many changes going on in your lives :-)