16 July 2009

What we do for our children...






or dress like a cow and get free food. Last Friday, the Shipp family donned cow attire to participate in Chick-fil-a's dress like a cow day. I had mentioned the event to Stephen earlier last week and Nora immediately took a fancy to the idea and wouldn't let me forget it :) However despite my best intentions, I didn't have costumes together by Thursday night. I mentioned the fact to Stephen as I went to bed and much to my surprise and delight the next morning, awoke the next morning to Nora exclaming, "Look at my tail!" Stephen had the costume operation well underway including one for himself and we all headed to Chick-fil-a for breakfast meals. Stephen sacrificed a couple hours of school work, and his adoring family was so grateful! (I will spare you all the details of begrudging businessmen in line who would not even crack a smile...some people just don't know how to have fun :-P)

As a humorous aside, the manager invited us back for lunch. We had plans at noon, but the kids and I kept our cow ears handy with the plan of going back for a sandwich at 11am (the deal was full attire =meal; one cow accessory = entree). Instead of just a sandwich, we all got another full meal. Hmmm. Guess we could have spared ourselves the work and embarassment (I admit I wasn't exactly eager to enter public dressed as a cow), but that wouldn't have built family memories, right? :-D

3 comments:

lcrmum said...

That is one memory you children will never forget. Its the excitement in the childrens eyes that are what make it so worth it. :) I think it was a grand idea. :)

Anita said...

You guys are hilarious! Nick and I very briefly considered the cow thing, but I wasn't thrilled about looking like a cow in public either :-).

Mel said...

I love it! I so would have done that with you! That looks like so much fun. :) Haha, great costumes. Good job Stephen! Y'all are adorable! Love you guys!

~Abby