


We've been enjoying some much needed rain the past couple of days. On Saturday, the kids were itching for some time out of the house. As it was only a drizzly rain, I encouraged them to step outside. They were slightly nervous at first since rain is a rare occurrence and they are not used to getting wet. One minute later, there was no turning back. They LOVED it! They played in the puddles, sang and danced "singing in the rain," took the potty that makes car noises -when the bowl comes into contact with liquid- out from the garage (where it will sit until after Christmas when I hope to train Joseph) and just ran and ran marveling at the fact that they were getting soaked. Eventually, even though the temperature remained high, they began to become chilled and agreed to return inside for a warm bath and hot cocoa. That half hour was definitely a weekend highlight.
I'm loving having the second set of wheels that you see pictured above.
I resisted posting a picture of Joseph that I will relish sharing with his future fiance. I brought the kids in through the garage where our washer/dryer is and stripped them down and dried them off before sending them into the bath. As I was hanging Joseph's wet clothes up, he ran back outside instead of into the house. And of course, I grabbed the camera first instead of him for a quick shot of his bare backside with the rain backdrop. When I went out to retrieve him, his face said Pure Happiness.
Thank you to everyone who posted encouraging words in a comment here or through Facebook in response to my last post (and for those who related they were praying). What a blessing to hear from those are/ have/ desire to walk the joyous, challenging path of motherhood. I appreciate you and your kind words!
2 comments:
It looks like fun =) Like the new template and picture
Cute pictures, Sarah! Playing out in the rain is so much fun.
Also, very nice minivan in the background there. I like it.
Hahaha, oh Joseph ;) Silly kiddo.
miss you!!!
Post a Comment