
Nora saw her first snowfall Monday. Honestly, she didn't seem all that impressed. She was more excited that it meant daddy was able to stay home 2 hours longer on Tuesday morning...one of the perks of being an elementary school teacher.
Tuesday night we attended the school's Christmas concert. I couldn't believe how little the first graders looked. It made me long to be a fly on the wall during one of Stephen's classes. So many of the kids, with obvious admiration, come up to Stephen that night. Hello, Mr. Shipp. Look, there's Mr. Shipp. You have a cute baby, Mr. Shipp. It was so precious, and made me very happy to see the influence Stephen is having in the lives of many children. Should God direct our steps away from the school next year, as is our plan now, I know that Stephen will miss them.
Nora's personality is developing more every day. She jabbers and coos all the time now, especially in response to people talking to her. Another positive development is Nora's growing taste for cuddling. For some time, she had too many other important things to explore to take time out to snuggle with mom and dad. Snow and falling temperatures now keeping us indoors, Nora has decided there's only so many things to explore in a cream-dominant, 2-bedroom apartment, and has found cuddling is not too bad :) In all seriousness, it is a powerfully emotional experience to hold your young child who with such trust snuggles close to your heart. I say- "let it snow, let it snow, let it snow."
3 comments:
Hi Sarah,
You and Nora look so cute! I can't wait to see in for Christmas. Soon very soon!!
i love her little christmas dress! while my baby isn't a natural cuddler (too curious and wiggly), she did revert temporarily when battling a particularly nasty cold. she was miserable but i loved every minute of the cuddling!
hope you guys are doing well!
Hi Anne!
Good to hear from you. We'll have to get together sometime, and catch up. I've enjoyed reading your blog, but no match for in person visiting. And I'd love to see your little girl -she's a doll!
Sarah
Post a Comment