
We took advantage of two fun deals when Stephen got home from work today. Layla IMed me around noon to tell me of the free smoothie offer. I had gone to Robeks for the first time last week. It was then with Nora grabbing at my healthy treat that I discovered she could suck through a straw. So, tonight we all three got a complimentary 120z. smoothie. Nora had some help eating her share, but she was pretty thrilled with what she got. She looked so grown up and absolutely adorable downing her mango goodie...her eyes round with excitement. I had a raspberry one; Stephen had strawberry. They were made from fresh fruit...so good!
Our second adventure was to Barnes and Noble. It being Teacher Appreciation Week, teachers received a 25% discount. The flier had been taped to our fridge for a month :) I had joked with some neighbor girls earlier in the week that my husband had a book habit. One of the gals said "in her book that was a good habit for a guy". What I said in fun then, I have reflected on since. I am very grateful that my husband's "habit" is books. For one thing, I benefit greatly having so many good books around. Books and ideas are not only Stephen's hobby, they are his career. And this path he has chosen is one in which his family can partake. For us, a teacher's work is not only the job he does, but the life we live. Hospitality, thoughtful discussion, reading, investing in others...these are some of the things we seek to have in our lives now in increasing measure. Most important of all, is the pursuit of wisdom that comes from God and His Word. I am so grateful for Stephen's love and leadership. And the newest additions to our library? Churchill's History of the English Speaking Peoples and C.S. Lewis', The Weight of Glory.
Nora has a new fascination that I helped feed at B&N. She is mesmerized with dogs. She doesn't like to be too close to the real deal, but she loves to watch them and see pictures of them. So, we went through three different illustrated dog manuals before moving on to the board books. Stephen told me he had a poster on his wall as a kid of the different dog breeds, and he spent hours staring at it. Must be where Nora gets it...
I took some pictures of Nora today (quite a feat as she doesn't sit still for a second!). I can't find my cable right now, so I'll have to post the pics later this weekend. Weekend. Ah, I like that word.
1 comment:
Cool! A free smoothie!
What could be better than that:)
I can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
Love you,
melanie
Post a Comment