07 March 2007

We've got sunshine...

It's amazing how a little sun can brighten my whole outlook on life. I enjoyed a leisurely walk into town with a certain toddler who likes to stop and explore every rock...and piece of litter. I lost track of how many times I heard "ewwww" as Nora bent down to examine discarded candy wrappers and the like. In town, we window shopped, checked out a coffee shop that tickled our fancy and spent longer than usual picking out books at the library. Nora made some purchases -colored pencils and some wooden animals at a charity shop (resale store) -which is a rare occurrence. I realized that nice weather makes me more inclined to shop and spend money. Stephen will just have to take away my allowance :0)

Nora's napping now. I have a number of household projects I could do, but I think I'm going to go take a nap myself...with window open and sun shining in. I should take advantage of these opportunities while I still can, right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Believe me, even though our children are precious, it will become a rare occurence with two that you can sit and relax let alone take a nap. Sounds like you guys are having fun...

Amy K said...

We've got sunshine here too and it's so nice! I'm ready for spring! Today we went to the park, which was fun. It's been a long while since we've been able to do that ...

Keep enjoying the sunny days. And, yes, take those naps!

Mel said...

Aww, it sounds like you guys had a great day! I miss you guys so much!
It is starting to get warmer here! I am so excited! We will be starting soccer soon!:)
Well, have a wonderful day!
~Abby

the Tyrant said...

We finally saw sunshine here in DC this weekend and it has been such a blessing! Winter has a way of making you forget how lovely a Sunday afternoon on the back porch can be...