A happy couple posing in front of Stephen's department building...
I am composing this post from my family's computer in Indiana. The photos are courtesy of my sister, Kate, who visited along with my mom just prior to my returning with them to the States on June 13. So, I've been "back" for a couple days now. I've enjoyed many distinctly American experiences since then foremost among them enjoying family. The little things are fun, too -real summer weather (maybe a little too real as it's been in the 90s!), country music, Oreos, Chipotle, Target...the list goes on. I left my heart in St. Andrews, though. Stephen remains there for a few more weeks finishing up a draft of his Master's thesis. This will be our longest separation since we've been married, eased slightly by daily talks on Skype (with video), but still hard. As much fun as I'm having, it would be even more so with him at my side watching Nora relish so many fun things every minute. She'll go from spoiling to more spoiling on July 5 when we travel down to Tennessee to be with Stephen's family (where we'll be for the rest of the summer). And the arrival of a certain Delta flight into Atlanta on July 10 carrying a certain amazing person is a much anticipated event! So, that's a quick update; can't promise regular posts. We're just having too much fun!
2 comments:
yay!!! welcome home!! :)cc
Hey... It's only June... not yet July. ;-)
Glad you made it back safe and sound.
Post a Comment