"He said to them 'Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?' Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm." Mt. 8:26
27 March 2006
Grocery shopping
I HATE grocery shopping. When we were first married, I assumed I didn't like it because we were on a budget. We're still on a budget, I still detest the chore, and I'm beginning to wonder: Will I ever learn to like it? I'm doubtful. When we have a bit more padding in the bank account and space in the kitchen, I look forward to building up my pantry -shelves of canned goods, spices, flour, etc. Then I'll only have to go to the grocery store like once a week to get milk and eggs. If even then. Maybe I'll get a cow and chickens. What a happy thought :-P (Bet you can't guess what inspired this post. Yep. The sales in the flyer expire today and our fridge is practically empty. Yeah. I'm going, I'm going.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah, I must be a freak because I actually enjoy grocery shopping. It's one of the very few chores that I enjoy and I realize most women dislike it.
I don't know, maybe I feel like it's a "challenge" or something. I make it a game to accomplish everything on my "list."
Like I said, I'm a freak.
At least you're not a freak all by yourself. I really like grocery shopping too (as does Autumn most of the time). Even with a tiny budget, there's something very satisfying about seeing just how far you can make the money stretch. :-)
Making me even more of a freak, even when I'm not buying groceries, I like "window shopping" in the stores with the gorgeous produce sections.
Someone else can take over the dishes and laundry and especially vacuuming for me though! ;-)
Post a Comment