It seems like every blog has at least one post with this title. Sometimes that's all you can say.
It's a late night...too late for me...in a series of late nights. Life recently has felt more like my college days than it has in a while -with, yes, late nights and deadlines of various sorts. It's a good kind of busy...mostly.
So, as today soon becomes yesterday, Stephen is working on a website for our church. Handermann is the technical and all-around genius behind the site. Stephen's job is "to make it look good."
I realize Stephen isn't featured much on this blog, so I'd like to congratulate him in front of the whole world wide web for his second acceptance letter for grad school. I am so grateful for his leadership in our family and for persevering during a grueling application process. For now, we both continue to wait and praise God for His continued faithfulness. It's very exciting to think that we could be anywhere next year...or we could be here...and that would be fine, too. I'm much more at peace about our future than I was last year. Maybe it's the fact that we have the security of a job to "fall back on" should grad school not work out. I'd like to think it's that my faith has grown a little. It's so silly to worry when I see over and over again how faithful God is in directing our path.
Nora is in transition with her eating/sleeping cycles now that she is nursing less frequently. I hope this phase balances out soon. Another thing I'd like to have balanced is Nora herself. I think she has fallen and hit her head every day this week. So far, there haven't been any bad bumps, but I'm bracing myself. I kept putting off truly "baby-proofing" our apartment. Stephen and I aspire to train Nora rather than lock away everything in our home (within reason... we do plan to cover our electrical outlets). However, as I cleaned part of a planter off the cream carpet in our apartment tonight, I decided that some baby proofing is in order. Soon.
Stephen just showed me the website. I'm impressed. When it's truly complete, I'll post the link.
I think Stephen is starting to regret that he bought me a recliner...because it's comfortable and I'm tired.
I think we should buy fish... but they always die.
I get more verbose late at night. I don't think I ever wrote a college paper during the day. So, as I search for a conclusion to this post and end up instead with just more words, I have decided to stop now.
2 comments:
babyproofing... i feel just the same way, and we went through all the same feelings going from extreme (besides outlets, we will not change ANYTHING about how we live and arrange our furniture) to a slightly more down-to-earth (ok, there are some things that aren't worth risking)! you're not alone :-)
Congrats to Stephen! We're looking forward to hearing more about your plans. :)
"It's so silly to worry when I see over and over again how faithful God is in directing our path."
Amen! We are having a really challenging time right now in life and I keep reminding myself of this.
Post a Comment