Stephen (and I) were thrilled to recently learn he will be able to begin PhD studies in Political Theory this fall when Georgetown contacted him...via email. We anticipated a letter to follow within a couple days, but with more than a week behind us, I'm beginning to wonder. Call me old school, but I like words on paper sent U.S. Mail, you know, an official looking document to put in your scrapbook... not that I'm complaining! It was just another observation about the electronic age in which we live. I'd wonder if it was all a really clever (and cruel) joke, if Stephen wasn't already in contact with some of the faculty.
Trite observation aside, we're so amazed by our faithful Lord who gives “far more abundantly than all that we ask or think.” We were in shock the first couple of days. I don't know why we are surprised by God, and yet, shouldn't we be because we should never presume upon Him and expect how He will work in our lives?
Lord willing, Stephen will finish his degree at Georgetown several years down the road (I guess I should start thinking of Northern Virginia as home for now). This year, he will start part-time at Georgetown and continue teaching lower school technology and high school government classes. In the meantime, we're looking for housing “closer in”
4 comments:
Congratulations Stephen! We'll be praying for good housing close to the Metro.... :) R
That's awesome! Congrats!
That's so great! It must be a relief to have your planns more firmed up. God is good! Congratulations!
That's great news guys! Very excited for you. Love the pictures of Nora. She's such a doll!
Post a Comment