21 March 2007

Heaven's Kitchen

My day:

-Grocery shop for dinner supplies to make chicken fajitas and cornbread for 20 students as a guest chef at a kitchen ministry/ cooking class for students.
-Load groceries (more than usual) onto the stroller -it's an art.
-Unpack food as Nora pulls wheat biscuits out of cabinet and makes a royal mess in the kitchen....will clean up later.
-Feed Nora lunch and put her down for a nap.
-Chop a mountain of peppers, onions and slice bags and bags of chicken. Thankfully, don't slice a finger.
-Random tasks like laundry, etc, etc.
-Nora wakes up
-I attempt final preparations before relocating on site (And don't blame me about the cheesy name; I had nothing to do with it).
-Nora senses my distraction and devours a couple pieces of chocolate (I discovered the shiny wrappers on the floor).
-Mix dry ingredients for cornbread; dishes now a mile high....will do later.
-Load of laundry stops...ignore it.
-Make two trips to class location to get everything there.
-Try to not stress when I realize I forgot a pan which makes it hard to saute all veggies and chicken; nearly burn the cornbread (forgot to account for different oven).
-Nora's babysitter is in attendance, so Stephen acts as my assistant. He's the best!
-In the end, fajitas are a hit (one of the greatest meals ever -how could they not?!) and yet, I resolve to not pursue a career involving cooking demonstrations.

2 comments:

Nathan J. Marcisz said...

-Chicken fajitas are the bomb! I love 'em!
- Nora! I miss her! I'd even miss her messes if I saw any (over here she was quite the tidy one)
- I'm glad you didn't slice a finger. It can be extremely painful. Not like I'd know.
- I'm glad your day went so.... well?

Well anyways, I hope you have a good tomorrow!
~Nate

Kaitlyn said...

did you know...there is a Sarah Shipp Pilates video? I thought that was humorous :o)

more on topic with your post...fajitas are the bomb!