16 March 2007

Nora's "brober"


That's right! Nora is going to have a baby brother!

We're fairly confident she doesn't know what a "brober" (as she says) is, but knows it has something to do with these shoes we bought today. While I was at work earlier in the day, a friend stopped by with her 6mo-old son who was wearing these shoes. When I found she bought them in St. Andrews, I couldn't resist the urge to make my first baby boy purchase. I'm happy to report buying for a baby boy is just as fun as buying for a girl.

I had a feeling I was carrying a boy, but you can't know without "seeing" evidence (and we did see it!). It was fun to know I was right. My mom-in-law was asking me what made me think baby was a boy. Mainly it was the fact that I am carrying him more out front in addition to just a different pregnancy overall. Still, I've heard of people with two of the same gender who had very different pregnancies, so we'll see if I have a correct guess again with any other kiddos...

As for names, we have a top contender that we've liked for a while, but the jury is still out. Part of me wants to find something more novel, unique or Scottish. I've just been told though not to name the baby "Andrew" -apparently a common, cheesy thing Americans do here in St. Andrews. Maybe Fergus though :-P

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrads on the boy. Boys are fun to raise. I like being the mom of a boy. I think you'll like it too. Watching you with Nora, I know you have the energy for it :D *grin*

As far as the name, I've always been a fan of more uncommonly used names myself. Also, to me, the meaning is VERY important. I'm sure God will lead you to the right name for your new son.

Anonymous said...

What about Angus? And then if he becomes a rancher, he could sell Angus' Angus Beef!

Matt Brownfield

Anonymous said...

aww, soo cute!!! we are all so excited!!!!! those shoe's are so cute!!
well I need to go

Jenna

Anonymous said...

HAHA, that's corny Matt.

Sarah, you could check out this site:
http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/sco.php

Anne said...

yay for boys!! congratulations, Nora!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a new son! So exciting!!

Just Me said...

Congratulations, guys! :-)

Joshua and Carrie Briggs said...

Congratulations! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

Thankfully you informed me Fergus was a joke. Yes, I think Joseph is a great name! (well, dur)

Another reason you could call him Angus is it's MacGyver's first name!

Rachelle said...

Congrats! My little brother is my best friend (next to my husband). She is a blessed girl to have one of her own. -rlr

Amy K said...

Congratulations! The shoes are adorable. It will be fun to watch Nora and her "brober" grow up together, thanks to blogs. :)

Cosette said...

So happy to hear a little brother is on the way for Nora! Little boys are so much fun....and full of mischief, we are finding out!

Leah said...

Congratulations! I have four younger brothers, and I wouldn't have it any other way! And while I am partial to the name Andrew, I can see why it would be cheesy. :)

Blessings,
Leah