27 September 2007

The daily routine


involves swimming and cooking (among other things). I love that Nora is interested in helping with chores even if it takes me longer...may her excitement never cease. A few years down the road maybe her help will actually be saving me time. For now, I just try to remind myself to have fun with it. She is so funny in how seriously she takes her work. Check out the butter knife she's using to "cut" the peppers. She eventually gave up and just started ripping pieces off. Haha!

The hat club...I can't believe that it's almost October and still in the 90s. It's weird to be seeing fall gourds and pumpkins at the grocery and realize that it is technically fall on the calendar, but still seems like summer to me. Maybe I'll make a pumpkin or apple pie in...January.

4 comments:

Megan said...

I TOTALLY understand. I currently have apples stewing on my stovetop and burning a Cinnamon spice candle and dripping with sweat because of the 90 degree heat. This is ridiculous.

I was at a nursery the other day, and in their fall display, they had a sign saying, "It's fall time, y'all!!". Right. These southerners have NO idea. :)

Anonymous said...

ha haah aha! cute pics!! i hope i can still see ur blog after u make it private...maybe i should get a google account so i can log on to urs and others.....i already have 3 email addresses...do i need another one?? :) if i don't get one, i think u have to send me 'guest' links so i can view ur blog...and it lasts for like a month i think...
ok, anyway, luv u and miss u! i hope i can come out and see y'all soon!!! :) cindy

The Hunsbergers said...

Thanks! Your kids are sooo cute. We are really loving the fall weather here in N.Va. We had pumpkin pie and apple cider the other day. It is such a great time of the year.

Swimming with frogs said...

The first year we lived in Texas was very disorienting. I couldn't remember when things happened because the weather always felt like summer. You never have to put your shorts and t-shirts away, because even if it gets cold, it warms back up in a few days.

I don't know that I really got used to the heat, but I did become more intolerant of cold (like when we went to France).

I'm really enjoying fall right now. (except it's not cold enough. it still gets into the 70s).