18 September 2007

Tuesdays are my Mondays

...for this semester anyhow. Stephen has class ALL day. His carpool departure is 7AM; his evening class ends at 9:45PM. Thankfully, he's able to come home for an hour at supper time. Still, a long day for both of us. So, as I wait for him to come home, too tired to do anything else, I added links to my blog. I've been wanting to do that for a while. It wasn't the priority on my to-do list. Far from it, but I didn't have the energy for my to-do list tonight. Maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

In other news, Joseph had a doctor's appointment today and he weighs 11 pounds. He's outgrowing his newbie baby clothes, so I had confidence he was gaining weight just fine.

Nora LOVES swimming in the pool. Each group of apartment buildings in the complex (we live in the French style buildings) has a shared pool and laundry facilities (yes, I cart my dirty laundry, my quarters, my detergents and softener and two kiddos to do laundry -I'm beginning to think maybe I'll do alright without a gym membership, sanity aside). The pool is almost always empty, so it's like having our own pool. Yesterday, the pool man kicked us out so he could clean it, but we weren't bothered. We just went and had a picnic on the lawn...in 90 degree heat. Okay, so maybe we were miffed. But it didn't take too long and we were back again cooling off. Thankfully, the pool area is surrounded by trees, so there is lots of shade for the kiddos. On a side note, it's more green here than I had expected. We have a number of old, lovely trees around our building. Well, Stephen is home now. So, that's all there is for now.

2 comments:

Alaina said...

Hey, hope things are going well with all the adjustments. Your kiddos are adorable! Here's to hoping you find an equivalent to Trader Joe's in your area! :)

Amy K said...

Sarah, I can totally relate to this post (except currently I don't cart laundry, but I have in the past and I know its a pain). On days when Kevin is gone from early morning to late at night, I think I'm going to lose my mind. This semester the latest he gets back is at eight pm. The last two semesters, though, it was nine pm and I could hardly stand it. So, I'll pray for God's special grace for you on Tuesdays!