We traveled down to Amalfi on Sunday (returned to Rome to fly home on Tuesday afternoon). By the time we waited for and rode a number of trains, it was early evening when we arrived at our hotel. It was a beautiful place. The views were awesome. The downside was the hotel sat along a busy street (no sidewalk). Buses come infrequently. Stephen went in search for food, and was gone for over 2 hours. He arrived with the hugest pizza I had ever seen. I was tired and thus a bit cranky, but I took one look at him and burst out laughing. He looked ridiculous with his nearly 3-foot long pizza. I love my hubby. Apparently at the place he found, pizza is ordered by the cm. It was so cheap, he didn't really think about size and just ordered one of the bigger sizes knowing I was "really hungry." Thankfully, it was really good pizza, and it lasted us for a number of meals (we had a fridge in our room). We spent Monday along the Amalfi coast -taking an hour and a half bus ride there and then back again. I've never been that car sick while still loving the ride! The road hugged the side of the cliff and when a bus would come from the other direction, I still don't know how both buses stayed on the road. As you can see, the views were out of this world. We enjoyed the most amazing gelatto (ice cream) in Amalfi. You'll see Nora quite content holding two cones. Walking along the streets in Amalfi with the sun shining on our faces was one of the best moments of the trip. Check out some pictures here.
"He said to them 'Why are you fearful, O you of little faith?' Then He arose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm." Mt. 8:26
03 February 2007
Amalfi
We traveled down to Amalfi on Sunday (returned to Rome to fly home on Tuesday afternoon). By the time we waited for and rode a number of trains, it was early evening when we arrived at our hotel. It was a beautiful place. The views were awesome. The downside was the hotel sat along a busy street (no sidewalk). Buses come infrequently. Stephen went in search for food, and was gone for over 2 hours. He arrived with the hugest pizza I had ever seen. I was tired and thus a bit cranky, but I took one look at him and burst out laughing. He looked ridiculous with his nearly 3-foot long pizza. I love my hubby. Apparently at the place he found, pizza is ordered by the cm. It was so cheap, he didn't really think about size and just ordered one of the bigger sizes knowing I was "really hungry." Thankfully, it was really good pizza, and it lasted us for a number of meals (we had a fridge in our room). We spent Monday along the Amalfi coast -taking an hour and a half bus ride there and then back again. I've never been that car sick while still loving the ride! The road hugged the side of the cliff and when a bus would come from the other direction, I still don't know how both buses stayed on the road. As you can see, the views were out of this world. We enjoyed the most amazing gelatto (ice cream) in Amalfi. You'll see Nora quite content holding two cones. Walking along the streets in Amalfi with the sun shining on our faces was one of the best moments of the trip. Check out some pictures here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your pics! Such beautfiul places. It was fun to take the trip vicariously. :)
ah ahahaaha! i can just picture stephen walking in with a huge pizza! thats awesome! ahahaha
;) cindy
Post a Comment