22 February 2007

My day

Today was one of those days. You know -one of those days. Not bad start to finish or even progressively worse until you collapsed in bed and prayed for a new day. Rather, you find that one stress builds on another until you start to buckle. And then, God graciously reminds you how blessed you are.

Of course, the "you" is me. I remember an unpaid bill ...and stress over money ....and allow myself to worry about finances -not for tomorrow, but a year from now. I do too much lifting at work- more than required -and feel guilty for not putting baby ahead of pride. I get angry at hubby for forgetting something I thought was clearly established and overlook my own faults. Fretting, home from work, I rush about as Nora begs for a hug and some attention. Guilt again.

But for grace, it would have been an awful, no good, very bad day. But God gives grace in our weakness. He gave grace in our marriage and we had a wonderful, productive discussion over dinner. He gave grace to our family and we worshiped Him together in song, reading the Bible and prayer. He gave grace in parent-child relationships and I cuddled with my toddler at bedtime, received sweet kisses and heard sleepy "love yous." He gave grace in physical provision and I enjoyed a warm shower and delicious, fresh grapefruit. I am richly blessed -receiving abundant provision daily.

No comments: