11 February 2007

Ramblings...


Sundays are good days. Maybe my favorite day of the week. Stephen sets aside school work, so it's more of a family day. We are also most likely to have guests over on a Sunday, and it's always fun to meet new people or get to know friends better.

Nora is in bed. I would say she is asleep as it's mostly quiet, but then I just heard her talk. Still, maybe she is asleep and just takes after her dad (heehee).

I am tired, and getting more relaxed by the minute. I don't work tomorrow, so I know that I can just "catch up." The dishes can wait. I am eating toast. I just had a clementine. I take a break periodically because there is not much to say, and because I love looking at the daffodils on the table across the room. The bunch was only a pound ($2). They didn't look the healthiest, but have surprised me and opened beautifully.

This afternoon I read a couple chapters from "The Cost of Discipleship." The first focused on fasting or, more broadly, self control and discipline in the Christian life and the second on laying up treasure in heaven, trusting in God for provision and not being consumed with possessions. Ouch. Those challenges touch really close to home. It's uncomfortable to think about, and even more unsettling to know I need to change.

Stephen has started his second term at a break-neck speed I wasn't prepared for due in large part to application deadlines for grad school funding that are fast approaching. In fact, by this time next week that will all be behind us. Unfortunately, the postmark deadline is February 15 -no doubt set by the most unromantic person on the planet- so that means our Valentine's date will be postponed. Maybe Nora and I will make sugar cookie hearts. If you can't have romance, at least have sugar! Haha...Or maybe Stephen and I can edit his applications over candlelight :0) The realities of marriage and grad school. By the time we get through a PhD (Lord willing) I'll be a pro-gradschoolstudent wife. Right?

2 comments:

Amy K said...

Ditto-I love both Sundays (for the same reason you do) and, of course, fresh flowers. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah, I loved the picture of the daffs. I saw a picture of a bunch of daffodils buds tied with a rubberband in a British magazine last week and that one picture made me really homesick for Scotland. They sold those bunches on the street in Airdrie (and every other town) in the spring. It's funny how something like that can affect one so. Loved reading about pancake day -- we remembered it, but it didn't work out to have pancakes this year.