26 April 2007

The colors of St. Andrews...


One of my favorite homes in St. Andrews. I love how cozily it is situated. It's inviting in the winter when smoke rises from the chimney and in the spring when framed with flowering trees.

Stephen gave me a hard time about the Shell station in the foreground, but you are supposed to know that I was meaning the yellow fields in the distance :0)

This type of pink flowering tree (yes. I'm no horticulturist.) is one of the most common in St. Andrews right now.

Nora color coordinates with the flowers.

On the street where we live...This picture doesn't do it justice, but I tried to capture the amazing range on color -differing greens, white, orange, yellow, pinks and purples -highlighted all the more by the background of stately gray stone homes.

Earlier note:
It's rained a bit more than usual over the last week, but we've had enough dry spells to catch some of the brilliant colors on camera.

Addendum:
"Rained a bit more than usual" =for being in Scotland, we don't get all that much rain. Apparently, St. Andrews is one of the driest parts of the country. Suits me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Scotland, what's "a bit more than usual" *grin*?
I really like the picture of Nora infront of the flowers.

Anonymous said...

cool pictures!!!
Nora looks soo cute in that pic!!!