Nora has developed a number of new "faces" recently. This is her pouty look that reminds me of some pictured looks I've seen of Stephen has a kid. She's also experimenting with new sounds -everything from "clucking" her tongue to copying the sound of a passing car or my computer booting up.
I'm learning how to have more flexibility and joy in motherhood these days. Our recent schedule combined with evening tiredness has required me to do more housework with Nora in tow. She views such activities as a game rather than chores, and insists on being involved. She loves to wash dishes and mop and sweep and throw clothes in the washer. She also loves to cook and asks to"stir" whenever she sees me preparing food. Sometimes she's content to just watch. Yesterday, she was sitting in her high chair watching me make dinner. At one point, I had my back to her and when I turned around she was ripping the lettuce leaves I had drying on the counter into bite-size pieces. I was impressed at what a good job she was doing without instruction. (You realize how much kids pick up by just watching you!) I got her a bowl and encouraged her to finish the task. Glad that she was occupied, I focused on the dish I was making. Several minutes later, I saw the salad creation above. Apparently, to a toddler, Cheerios go with everything.
Having a daughter is so much fun! Nora is becoming quite the little lady. It's hard to say whether it's natural inclination, guidance or a little of both. She frequently requests to wear dresses (and twirl for us to hear praise of her appearance), sits still to have her hair done (and then admires herself in the mirror -"preddy") and loves to shop. Now for the challenge of knowing how to encourage femininity without vanity...
4 comments:
aww, she's such a good little helper so now Nora know's how to make salad:) she's so cute her face's and i like the pic of your toenails and hers she's so so cute!
i can't wait to see you in june!!
well i need to go
Bye!
Nora is such a cute girl! I love the Cheerios in the cereal. That is awesome! You need to keep that picture for a good laugh years from now.
Lately I've been going through the same thing with Meredith wanting to help with all the chores. I'm afraid I'm probably not as patient as you. It's especially hard when she wants to help with laundry. She sees me sorting clothes, and then she proceeds to unsort them all. I need to be more patient and try to learn to have fun with it.
Nora's pouty face is very cute.
Hmmmm, perhaps Nora will make a great chef someday. Cheerios in salad sounds surprisingly like a delicacy. Ahh, yes, Nora is becoming more ladylike. I miss you all and CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!
Due to your constant prodding and a very interesting event that happened earlier I have decided to post.
Seeya! (someday)
Nate
b4 i read the post i was like, surely those aren't cheerios in that salad????? :) ah aha haa omg nora is soooooo cute! miss y'all a lot!!! cc
Post a Comment