10 April 2007

Not your typical news story...

Stephen forwarded this fascinating article to me yesterday. It's quite long, but worth the time.

Joshua Bell is one of the world's greatest violinists. His instrument of choice is a multimillion-dollar Stradivarius. If he played it for spare change, incognito, outside a bustling Metro stop in Washington, would anyone notice? Click here for the full story.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Wow - that's an incredible article. So true of the hustle and bustle of DC. Few ever stop to appreciate the beauty around them here. What a poignant reminder that we really should stop and smell the roses now and then.

Elisa said...

That was a very interesting article. L'Enfant is actually my Metro stop but fortunately I was not in DC that day so I don't have to count myself as one of the unappreciative commuters. (Though I don't know if I would have stopped either) :-( Definitely makes one stop and think . . .

Anonymous said...

yup, I read that too. Since I don't work in DC and wouldn't have been busy or under time pressures, I hope I would have stopped. There's actually a few lines that Bell said himself that stood out. I'm working on a post about it myself.