In baby news, I am at 27 weeks and have been feeling my little guy's rhythmic movement that I'm told I can chalk up to a case of baby hiccups :0)
In Nora news, she lost her "blankie" for the first time yesterday. We left it at church after evening service, and by the time we discovered our mistake, the church was locked up and we were unable to contact the man who has the key. Poor girl. I think I had it almost as hard as her as I lay with her and she kept hitting her pillow (where she lays her blankie at bedtime) crying for it. I wanted to fix it for her so badly and I just couldn't. I did reach Matt (the man with the key :0) this AM, but was unable to meet him until the afternoon, so nap time today was almost as bad as last night. What finally settled her down was when I prayed for her aloud asking our Heavenly Father to return her blanket to her and in the meantime give her peace. He answered both -the latter almost immediately and the former a couple hours later. I know eventually we'll have to break her of the attachment (maybe before she goes to college...), but I'm glad that time is not now. I imagine we'll also stick more to our rule of leaving blankie at home!
6 comments:
Oh, Nora sounds so sweet! I can't wait until you guys come! Her love of her blankie is reminiscent of Linus :) I miss you guys so much!
I have a relative who in fact went to college with her "blankie" that she had since she was a newborn. And she turned out all right.
ooohhh fun fun! the brownfield's are coming for a visit?! :) that's awesome! can't wait to see all the pics! big hugs to nora from auntie cindy!! luv u!
This is something that would totally happen with Meredith if her blankie was missing. I wonder sometimes if it's okay that's she SOO attached to her blankie but I think it's a blessing because we've moved her around so much that she always knows she can count on having it with her, regardless of what bed or house or hotel she's in--it's a source of security. So I'm thankful for it, at least for now. :)
aww...what a sweet blankie story:o)
Love you!
~Mel
aw...yes that is a really sweet blankie story. i'm glad you found it well got to go
~Jenna
Post a Comment